The lasting conversations and connections at your event are no longer happening at tea breaks. They’re taking place over social media ‘backchannels’ and they are out of your hands.
Backchannels are the conversations happening on Twitter, grouped together with a common hashtag.
Transform your event backchannel
into your event hub.
A Social Media Event Strategy will transform your event backchannel into your event hub – the place where speakers, delegates, sponsors and exhibitors form lasting connections.
Consciously managing the event hub leads to more conversations, more connections and deeper relationships between your speakers, delegates, sponsors and exhibitors.
We use some clever tools to aggregate and visually display any social media posts using your hashtag:
The event hub works for:
Delegates crave a continued, rich learning experience that STICKS and leads to action. The event hub is a supportive environment that lives on, after the conference has closed. As part of your event team, we seed conversations in the event hub which compel delegates not to miss. We get the conversation pumping!
We also use the event hub as a way to feed conference information to delegates AS IT HAPPENS such as venue changes, agenda changes, prize winners, reminders and suggestions.
Speakers welcome any way they can achieve a deeper ongoing connection with the audience. This translates to more subscribers, more followers and fans. You can leverage this opportunity when you are negotiating with your speakers. We launch conversations in the event hub, connecting the speakers with the delegates.
Sponsors & Exhibitors:
Sponsors and exhibitors are always searching for a greater return on their investment. If your event hub is buzzing, you can offer it as a distribution channel for your sponsors & exhibitors. We ensure the sponsors & exhibitors get exposure in the event hub including interviews, conversations, promotions and even short videos taken on the spot.
An added benefit of a well managed event hub is the interest you attract from people not attending the conference. The BUZZ attracts the attention of delegates who couldn’t make it, sponsors and exhibitors who are not involved and speakers who will put their hand up to be involved next year. You can leverage this buzz by selling tickets to next year’s event at the end of your conference – give a special deal to those in the event hub.
Take a peek at part of the report for #PESA13:
What we can do
Before the event:
- Set up the platforms if they don’t already exist, including hashtags
- Pitch for program suggestions and speaker submissions
- Launch discussions
- Promote your marketing messages
- Sell tickets and run competitions
- Brief your speakers about how to use the event hub
- Interview (audio or video) selected speakers as a promo for their sessions
- Provide a video or PDF for your delegates on how to use the event hub
During the event:
- Broadcast conference highlights, speaker sound-bites, spark discussions and broadcast news/promotions about the event
- Include links to any videos/boks/useful websites mentioned by the speakers
- Wear ‘Twitter event hub’ badges and offer to assist any conference attendees with on the spot assistance
- Monitor the event hub and report back to you regularly which can assist with sound, timing, logistics, sentiment
After the event:
- Continue sparking discussions between all parties
- Broadcast special prices or competitions for next year’s event
- Package up a summary of tweets for delegates to use as reference
- Create a report for you, outlining the ‘reach’ achieved by your event hub
Make an enquiry today or call Yvonne to discuss further : 1300 734 904.
A strategic social media plan for our event was an extra dimension we’d never experienced before. It gave us extra real estate to offer to our sponsors and exhibitors; a rich experience for our delegates and we were blown away by reach we achieved from outside the event, around the world. We’ve already booked Yvonne for next year’s event!Professional eBay Sellers Alliance